how to create user@primary.com as user login name?

Mike Nuss mnuss at ammasso.com
Sun Oct 24 00:43:04 EDT 2004

sam wun wrote:

> Mike Nuss wrote:

>>> If you comment out defaultdomain alltogether everyone has to use a fqdn
>>> login. This is what I will be using.
>>>
>>> Adi
>>>

>> I seem to recall reading somewhere that cyrus could automatically
>> determine which domain name to use based on the IP interface through
>> which the user connects.
>

> It doesn't make sense. If a uesr connected from Internet, its IP is a
> public IP address that will/(will not) belong to any domain.
> It should be authenticated against the user name(+domain name) that
> the user enter in to the user name edit box.

It makes perfect sesne.  If I have a machine with two IP addresses with
a separate domain name assigned to each, surely a program could be smart
enough to determine which IP address was connected to, and look up the
username in the correct domain accordingly.  Apache's virtualhosting
does it (not with users, but same idea).

Mike