virtdomains login

Mike Nuss mnuss at ammasso.com
Mon Oct 25 11:33:23 EDT 2004

As I understand it, if virtdomains is set to "on" then cyrus should do a
reverse DNS lookup on the IP address that was connected to in order to
determine the domain. But it doesn't seem to be doing this.  If I login
with username "foo" I get the following error in maillog:

badlogin: xxx.com [x.x.x.x] plaintext foo at com SASL(-13): user not found:
checkpass failed

I'm using the following sasl options in imapd.conf:

sasl_pwcheck_method: auxprop
sasl_auxprop_plugin: sasldb
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
sasl_sasldb_path: /etc/sasldb2

I don't have any trouble logging in as foo at mydomain.com and I don't want
to make my existing users have to change their usernames.  I don't know
if it's a cyrus-imap issue or a cyrus-sasl issue but I figured I would
start here.  How can I get this working?

Thanks,
Mike Nuss