removing ghost mail folders

Wes James comptekki at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 13:46:05 EDT 2004

I tried copying some mail folders from one server to another and it
failed during the copy.  The folders that were created during this
copy at this point can not be removed.  I keep getting errors about
not being able to remove them.  I have tried fixing the problem by
deleting the folders in /usr/spool/imap/user/username

I then found out about the chk_cyrus command and it does list the
folders I'm trying to get removed from any listings in my mail client
and in squirrelmail.  chk_cyrs says - can't chdir to foldername.
Which is correct, I guess since I deleted them.  How do I get the
cyrus system to forget about these folders?

I'm on osx server 10.3.5 and I tried to run the cyradm script but I
get this error:

root# ./cyradm
Can't locate Cyrus/IMAP/Shell.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1
/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level /Library/Perl/5.8.1
/Library/Perl /Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.8.1 /Network/Library/Perl .).
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted.

I did a locate for Shell.pm and the only place it exists is in
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.1/Shell.pm

What else can I try to get the cyrus db cleaned up?

thanks,

wj