Redundant database query?

Patrick Gibson cyrus_info at patrickg.com
Thu Oct 28 14:28:56 EDT 2004

I've got cyrus-imapd 2.2.8 setup to authenticate via a MySQL database.
I've enabled logging on the database while I'm setting things up, and
I've noticed that when I login, Cyrus runs the same query twice:

    47 Connect     cyrus at localhost on RETRIX_TRANSITION
    47 Query       START TRANSACTION
    47 Query       select PASSWORD from USER_ACCOUNTS where
USERNAME='patrick'
    47 Query       select PASSWORD from USER_ACCOUNTS where
USERNAME='patrick'
    47 Query       COMMIT

Any idea as to why this would be happening?

I've looked through the sql.c module in the sasl source, but it doesn't
look like the problems originates there (though I could be wrong). Has
anyone else experienced this?

This system will eventually have a lot of users, and I want to optimize
things as much as possible.

Thanks,

Patrick

---