Pine takes a while to connect to Cyrus

Dan Delaney dan-cyrus at fluidmind.org
Sat Oct 30 23:40:47 EDT 2004

After switching all of my mail to Cyrus, I've change my Pine settings to
user IMAP for the Inbox and folder collections. Now when I first run
Pine, it pauses for about 20 seconds as it tries to get the inbox, then
a message appears:

        [>rsh to IMAP server timed out<]

And then it asks me to login to the IMAP server. Apparently it's trying
to connect with one method and can't. Anyone know how to remedy this?
I'd prefer that it just log in transparently without asking me for my
userid and password every time I run Pine.

Thanks
-- Dan