Cyrus 2.3 on shared filesystems

Thomas Vogt tv at solnet.ch
Thu Nov 4 02:37:02 EST 2004

Am Mittwoch, den 03.11.2004, 16:20 -0500 schrieb Ken Murchison:
> > IMAP2, so IMAP3 can't access mailboxes on STOR1. Does this work?
>
> No.  You're talking about two levels of synchronization here, the
> current Murder code only handles the following scenarios.
>

> Standard/Unified Murder:
>
> +-----+ +-----+ +-----+ +-----+
> |IMAP1| |IMAP2| |IMAP3| |IMAP4|
> +--+--+ +--+--+ +--+--+ +--+--+
>     |       |       |       |
> +--+--+ +--+--+ +--+--+ +--+--+
> |STOR1| |STOR2| |STOR3| |STOR4|
> +-----+ +-----+ +-----+ +-----+
>
> In a standard config, the mailboxes.db on each IMAP server only contains
> those mailboxes contained on its local STORage.  The master mailboxes.db
> (which contains ALL mailboxes and the servers on which they reside) is
> located on the MUPDATE master and slaves (frontend).
>
> In a unified config, the master mailboxes.db is located on the MUPDATE
> master.  Each IMAP server is an MUPDATE slave (no frontends necessary)
> and differentiates between local and remote mailboxes.

Interessting.

So if I've something like this

          {mail.domain.com}
+-----+  +-----+  +-----+  +-----+
|IMAP1|  |IMAP2|  |IMAP3|  |IMAP4|
+--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+
   |        |        |        |
+--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+
|STOR1|  |STOR2|  |STOR3|  |STOR4|
+-----+  +-----+  +-----+  +-----+

Lets say, I only host 1 Domain on all this Servers. Stor1 has user from
a to f, Stor2 from g-l etc. For outside Users everything transparant
combined as mail.domain.com. So Users don't see all this different
stores. Will this work?
I mean if its transparent user A will perhaps connect with
mail.domain.com to Imap3. But his mailbox folder is on Stor1.

Can someone explain how this will work?
regards
--
* Thomas Vogt UNIX System Administrator - SolNet PGPKEY-3239B720 *
  * phone: +41 32 686 82 22 / sip:9044*868 at inoc-dba.pch.net *