Cyrus 2.3 on shared filesystems

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Thu Nov 4 04:06:53 EST 2004

Thomas Vogt wrote:
>           {mail.domain.com}
> +-----+  +-----+  +-----+  +-----+
> |IMAP1|  |IMAP2|  |IMAP3|  |IMAP4|
> +--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+
>    |        |        |        |
> +--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+  +--+--+
> |STOR1|  |STOR2|  |STOR3|  |STOR4|
> +-----+  +-----+  +-----+  +-----+
> Lets say, I only host 1 Domain on all this Servers. Stor1 has user from
> a to f, Stor2 from g-l etc. For outside Users everything transparant
> combined as mail.domain.com. So Users don't see all this different
> stores. Will this work?
> I mean if its transparent user A will perhaps connect with
> mail.domain.com to Imap3. But his mailbox folder is on Stor1.
That's what Murder is for.

> Can someone explain how this will work?
I guess this will help:
http://acs-wiki.andrew.cmu.edu/twiki/bin/view/Cyrus/CyrusMurder

Keep in mind that changes which went into 2.3, so if you use that, you
won't have to dedicate separate frontends in front of the IMAP backends
(which the above IMAPx servers really are).

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Free Services Network (FSN.HU)           phone @work: +361 371 3536