Cyrus 2.3 on shared filesystems

Sergio Devojno Bruder bruder at haxent.com.br
Fri Nov 5 15:55:42 EST 2004

Ken Murchison wrote:
> Sergio Devojno Bruder wrote:
>> Attila Nagy wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>> (...) The unified approach seems to be simple. The client no longer
>>> has to be redirected to the given backend using the proxyd, or
>>> lmtpproxyd (previously called frontend), instead it can turn to any
>>> of the backends and the backend will know how to deal with that
>>> connection (serve as local, or proxy to another backend).
>>
>> What is the content of mailboxes.db in these frontend-enabled backends?
>> All mailboxes?
>
> Yes.  Local mailboxes specify the partition on which they reside (just
> like a "standard" backend or single server) and remote mailboxes specify
> the server on which they reside (just like a "standard" frontend).

I'm asked because in the past that in particular gave us many problems
(we are using cyrus murder) with many 'frontends are not in sync with
master'.

we workarounded it mupdate-enabling our webmail (ie, our webmail ask
mupdate master 'where is this account?' and then logs directly in the
backend), so our frontends are actually doing only pop3 amd lmtp.

The multi-thread assyncronous code of mupdate master handles the load
without missing a beat.

--
Sergio Devojno Bruder    <bruder at haxent.com.br>
http://haxent.com.br  41 362-5930, 41 9127-6620