cyrus imap corporate references

Chetan Dutta chetan.dutta at tatainfotech.com
Tue Nov 9 06:53:07 EST 2004

hi!

let me answer all your queries one by one.

>1. What kind of database are the username/passwords stored in?
>Is it LDAP, sasldb or mySQL. I've only experiences from mySQL myself...

Its OpenLDAP, just remember to change the indexes for better performance.

>2. What kind og cluster software do you use?
>Is it HartBeat, LifeKeeper??

I'm using RedHat's Cluster Suit, i've configured it to provide redundency,
just in  case one system goes down the other comes up automatically. Just
check RH's site for more information on Cluster Suit.

>3. Do you use shared mailstore on a SAN box? And if so - what kind of
>failover solution do you have in case of unreadable mailstore-filesystem?
All the mails are stored on SAN( I'm using hub instead of switch, it saves
cost), The shared storage can be accessed by one system at a time only. The
moment one goes down, the partition(on SAN) with mail stores is mounted
automatically on the other system and cyrus-imapd is started. In a way, the
service with everything including IP is migrated to other stand by system.
I've not tried it on GFS or any other cluster file system, but i'll try it
soon. GFS can, i believe, provide load sharing.
what is your requirement? also you can consider Cyrus Murder.

I wonder what is the experience of others on the list?

regards
chetan dutta

Sr. Engineer
TATA Infotech Ltd.

Hi there Chetan ... many thanx for your reply.

I've some questions for you - if you bare with me....

1. What kind of database are the username/passwords stored in?
Is it LDAP, sasldb or mySQL. I've only experiences from mySQL myself...

2. What kind og cluster software do you use?
Is it HartBeat, LifeKeeper??

3. Do you use shared mailstore on a SAN box? And if so - what kind of
failover solution do you have in case of unreadable mailstore-filesystem?

I hope you can enlighten me a little bit on these issues, if you have
time to spare...

Take care :-)
Regards

Tom Bryntesen