Migration from old (Cyrus-imapd 2.1.9-41/Suse8.1) to new (Cyrus-imapd 2.2.3-83.11/Suse9.1) server

Martijn m2k2 at electronicsolutions.nl
Tue Nov 9 04:46:11 EST 2004

Hello,

About 2 years ago I have setup an old AMD333 as server with Suse8.1
Linux. This was my first Linux experience. For mail I used Cyrus
together with Postfix and Fetchmail. And it works like a charm. Now the
time has come to setup a new server, so I downloaded Suse 9.2 and
installed Cyrus again (using the Yast tool this time, that went much
quicker).

Old server  : cyrus-imapd 2.1.9-41 / sasl 1.5.27-277 / sasl2 2.1.7-52
New server:  cyrus-imapd 2.2.3-83.11 / sasl 2.1.18-335 (I didn't find sasl2)

But now I'm looking for information on how to migrate the old
messages/users/rights/etc. to the new server. I tried the mail archives
and google but was not able to find anything. Most information is about
migration from different system to Cyrus. Hopefully the experienced
people here can  help and point me in the right direction.

So my questions can just copy certain directories and files to the new
server? If so what directories and files do I have to copy? Or is it
possible to export/import messages/users/rights/etc? Is there perhaps
some sort of howto for this migration?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Martijn