APPEND and \Seen flag handling with admin account

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Wed Nov 17 10:15:39 EST 2004

Hmm, sad, no takers - 2nd attempt follows..

On Friday 12 November 2004 19:24, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:

> When APPENDing mails as the cyrus admin, the \Seen flags magically
> disappears, unlike appending to the mailbox as its owner: they're
> preserved as expected.

Well, I've looked into the source now, and understand, what happens:
the seen db is user dependant.

Further thinking and searching on how to solve this problem cleanly
brought me to the proxyauth command, which would fit my needs, but
unfortunately is non standard nor implemented in cyrus.

Thus let me rephrase my question: is there a way to migrate mbox
mailboxes in a way, that they appear exactly the same in cyrus from
within an admin account (without compromising user logins), including
the \Seen flag?

The perl scripts from the wiki suffer from the same problem, btw.

Pete