Ploblem with creating user withount domain part (cyrus-sasl2-2.1.19)

Sascha Wuestemann sascha at killerhippy.de
Sat Nov 13 07:10:07 EST 2004

On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 12:51:58PM +0400 or thereabouts, Sergey wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Can I create sasl user without domain ? I attemt to run
> cyradm --user cyrus localhost
> but password isn't accepted:
> # cyradm --user cyrus localhost
> Password:
> Segmentation fault
> #
> (another question: Is "Segmentation fault" normal for bad password ?
> cyrus-imapd-2.2.8 )

Hi Sergey,

no, I am shure, it is not. I have never had segmentation faults.

> I was attempt to create user by
>
> saslpasswd2 -c -u "" cyrus
> saslpasswd2 -c -u '' cyrus
> saslpasswd2 -c cyrus
>
> In all cases sasl create login cyrus@[hostname]. I can set cyrus@[hostname]
> as cyrus administrator, but I think what it not good.

As far as I have understand the docs, saslpasswd2 _always_ takes the
domain name of the local machine if you don't set it at the command
line when initialising the password. That is a pitfall, if you change
it after having implememted your mailusers. That is because password
is correct, but login doesn't match anymore.

Think it over, Sergey, how should sasl destinguish between
user.name at domain.one and user.name at domain.two if you have user.name,
too? Does it belong to domain.one, domain.two, all or none?

cu
Sascha