Bynari Insignt Connector and Cyrus?

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Tue Nov 16 05:13:38 EST 2004

> Jim Archer wrote:
> > I was just faced with a demand from a new CIO to make
> > Outlook and it's
> > calendaring work and I really don't want to migrate to an Exchange
> > server. I like Cyrus!
> > A little digging revealed the Bynari Insight Connector, which is
> > supposed to install in to any version of Outlook and make it use an
> > IMAP server with ACL support on the folders as an Exchange server.
>
> I don't think this would allow you to use Outlook's
> calendaring because Cyrus doesn't have any way to save any
> calendaring information. [ ... ]

I don't think this is correct. Cyrus doesn't need to know anything about
calendaring stuff, because it's the connector that saves the information in
some way. Try copying a office document to your Cyrus IMAP server, this will
also work...

So Cyrus doesn't matter - I believe - what kind of information is stored,
but it must be stored using IMAP commands... :-)

And if you have a look at the Bynari Insight Connector Product Information
Page you will see:

"
Seamless Outlook Integration
 Email