SV: IMAP-cyrus problem

Jacob Kiland jacob at kiland.se
Thu Nov 18 06:00:01 EST 2004

How do i check if another IMAP server is running?

/Jake

--On Thursday, November 18, 2004 01:24:12 AM +0100 Jacob Kiland
<jacob at kiland.se> wrote:
> Hi!
> I have some trouble with my IMAP Cyrus server.
> When i log in with imap or throu webmail. I can not se my mail on the
> server. I only se inbox and sent and they are empty
>
> But If i connect using pop3 then i got my new mail. So pop3 is working but
> not imap
>
> If i look in /var/spool/imap/user then i se all my folders i created throw
> imap.
>
> What had happened to my server?
>
> In the maillog i got this message:
> unable to bind socket for service imap:Adddress already in use

I'd guess that there's another IMAP server already running.  Since you
appear to be successfully logging in to an IMAP server, that would seem to
confirm it.  Somewhere I think I read or heard that MacOSX comes complete
with an IMAP mail server and it's probably configured to start up when the
Mac starts up.

Hope that helps.
> I am using Cyrus, SquirrelMail and Postfix on MacOSX server 10.3.5.
>
> It was working allright until today. The only thing a changed was that i
> installed PHP5 and MYSQL.
>
> Anyone have any ideas???
>
> Thanks!
>
> /Jake