Cyrus + (insert Best MTA here) Suggestions

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Nov 18 02:43:16 EST 2004

Hi all,

	I'm curious on why I'm seeing more references to postfix (both here and
on googling) when setting up an email server (scalable/high
performance/etc).

Michael Nguyen actually states that
"Postfix + LDAP just was plain faster under stress than Qmail + LDAP and
Sendmail + LDAP"

I've read in another google find that postfix is at least 3x faster than
sendmail.

I'm just wondering why that is.

Can anyone shed some light?

Also, I've heard that sendmail does not support maildir format natively,
but I've also heard that one can use procmail to deliver it into maildir
format.

Comments Please.

--
Ow Mun Heng