Cyrus + (insert Best MTA here) Suggestions

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Nov 18 22:13:21 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 22:06, John Madden wrote:
> > 	I'm curious on why I'm seeing more references to postfix (both here and
> > on googling) when setting up an email server (scalable/high
> > performance/etc).
>
> I can personally vouch for Postfix's performance and relative ease of
> administration.

I personally know sendmail and it's user-friendliness, compared to
Sendmail.

> The number of performance-enhancing knobs to turn is
> nearly baffling

But some has stated that it's not as tweakble compared to Sendmail. One
guy stated he needed sendmail's check_rcpt and check_mail, to basically
use LDAP lookups to check whether to relay or not.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on D600 1.4Ghz