Cyrus + (insert Best MTA here) Suggestions

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Nov 18 13:06:29 EST 2004

Am Do, den 18.11.2004 schrieb Ow Mun Heng um 8:43:

> Also, I've heard that sendmail does not support maildir format natively,
> but I've also heard that one can use procmail to deliver it into maildir
> format.

Sendmail does not know anything about the mail storage, either it may be
mbox or maildir format. Sendmail always needs an LDA or could pass the
mail to an LMTP socket, like with Cyrus-IMAPd. With Sieve for filtering
there should be no need for procmail (though of course you can do more
'nasty' things than with Sieve - if always reasonlable?).

Cheers Heng :)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 19:03:04 up 20:49, 16 users, 1.19, 0.72, 0.77