Possible bug in imsp 1.7b

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Thu Nov 18 13:40:11 EST 2004

I've installed imsp v1.7b on a RedHat AS3 server and am testing it out with
my own account before moving everybody else.  There are two issues I've
noticed so far.  Using Mulberry, I uncheck the "Open Mailbox on Startup"
setting, quit Mulberry and then restart.  The setting is checked.  I delete a
local mailbox (not on IMAP), quite Mulberry, restart it and the local mailbox
is back.  Checking the IMSP server, when I delete the mailbox in Mulberry and
save my preferences, the definition of the local mailbox is no longer defined
in the options file.  When I quit Mulberry, the local mailbox definition is
back in the IMSP options file on the server.

On the phone with Cyrus Daboo (Cyrusoft/Isamet), I worked through this same
sequence.  According to Cyrus, Mulberry open and maintains a connection to
the IMSP srver for the addressbooks, and open/closes one each time it needs
to specifically access preferences.  Working with Cyrus, I logged out of the
addressbook before deleting the local mailbox and quiting Mulberry, and this
time the deleted local mailbox stayed deleted.  What Cyrus thinks is
happening is that when the addressbook closed, the IMSP server is writing
back its cached copy of the options file.  That's why, according to Cyrus's
guess, that once I closed the addressbook first and then deleted the local
mailbox, it stayed deleted.

Is this a known problem?  Is there a known workaround or patch available?

Thanks.

--
Rob Tanner
UNIX Services Manager