how to post to shared folders

info-cyrus -- Amos Gouaux info-cyrus at utdallas.edu
Sat Nov 27 11:07:06 EST 2004

Ken Murchison wrote:

> Keep in mind, that unless jstaerk and chanser use SMTP AUTH and Postfix
> passes this info to Cyrus, that they still won't be able to post to the
> mailbox.  Most folks end up giving the 'p' right to user 'anonymous'.

I've been too distracted with other things to follow it closely, but I
think I noticed in the announcement for a recent Postfix snapshot that
AUTH credentials are now being cached in the queue file. This means that
eventually it may be possible to use AUTH creds for posting like you can
currently do with Sendmail.

Amos