how to post to shared folders

Jochen Staerk jstaerk at usegroup.de
Mon Nov 29 06:16:52 EST 2004

Hi Ken,

> By default, you'd send mail to +usegroup at usegroup.de  See the
> 'postuser' option in imap.conf

postuser is not set, therefore defaults to empty, but thanks for the
hint that there is a configuration option.

> Keep in mind, that unless jstaerk and chanser use SMTP AUTH and
> Postfix passes this info to Cyrus, that they still won't be able to
> post to the mailbox.  Most folks end up giving the 'p' right to user
> 'anonymous'.

Our server is a smtp-auth-ONLY box so everybody has to state some
credentials. I don't know if or how postfix passes this to cyrus, is
there a special mechianism that has to be enabled? At least, I'm pretty
sure Postfix uses SASL for that, so there might be a chance that they
both use the same user names...?

Anyway, I'm still getting mails to +usegroup at usegroup.de in my
fetchall-mailbox :-(

--