2.1.17 install-upgrade.html Doc Error?

Chris Scott chris-lists at adaptivehostingsolutions.com
Tue Nov 30 10:18:39 EST 2004

In the upgrade instructions, it notes:

Upgrading from 2.1.12 or earlier

     * timsieved was corrected to behave properly in the altnamespace
configuration. However, this means that it was previously looking for
sieve scripts in "user.name" format instead of the (correct) "user^name"
format. A sample script to do this (which should be run in the top level
of the sieve directory) is in tools/convert-sieve.pl. Note that this is
only needed if you are running with altnamespace turned on.

After my upgrade from 2.1.12 to 2.1.17 my sieve scripts stopped working.
  All my scripts were in the user.name format.  My imapd.conf doesn't
define altnamespace so according to the man page for it, the default
value should be 'no'.

When I used INGO to modify an existing sieve script, it wrote it in the
correct user^name format so timsieved was using the correct format.
Running the tools/convert-sieve.pl script in my top level sieve
directory has fixed the problem and now sieve scripts are working.

It looks like the convert-sieve.pl script needs to be run regardless of
the altnamespace setting.

--
Chris Scott
Adaptive Hosting Solutions, Inc.