Cyradm still not working

Chris Harms chris at cmiware.com
Thu May 20 15:40:22 EDT 2004

Kent,

Luckly I made some really bad notes when I went through this exact
problem a few months ago, which basically just tell me that I had problems.
A coworker likes to upgrade our installed packages frequently so I
really can't say what was installed when I had my ordeal.
I've tried compiling both your way and what I had in my notes on the
same source tree and machine on which I had the problems but it finds
the libraries.

After pasting in the info below, I realize now that one problem was that
my perl installation is in /usr/lib/perl5 but Cyrus by default puts
things in /usr/local/lib/perl5.  Thus after make install I have to
manually copy files to the proper location which is irritating.  I think
I discovered that little nugget on day 2 of my struggle.  If that's not
your current problem, you'll likely face it when you get past your
present one.

Sorry I cannot be of any more assistance.  Hopefully some of this is useful.
Chris

My present config is:

./configure \
--with-cyrus-prefix=/usr/cyrus \
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
--with-bdb=skiplist \
--with-auth=unix

Have compiled SASL as follows:

./configure --disable-krb4 \
--disable-gssapi \
--enable-login \
--enable-plain \
--disable-anon \
--disable-otp \
--enable-sql \
--without-saslauthd \
--without-des \
--without-pam \
--without-opie \
--with-openssl=/usr/local/ssl \
--with-pgsql=/usr/local/pgsql \
--with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql

We run slackware 9.1 current package list includes:

aaa_base-9.1.0-noarch-2
aspell-0.50.5-i486-1
aspell-en-0.51_0-noarch-1
autoconf-2.59-noarch-1