Cyrus imap, virtual domains and ldap authentication

John Arthur lists at davey.net.au
Sun May 9 21:26:19 EDT 2004

cyrus-imapd-utils-2.2.3
cyrus-imapd-2.2.3
cyrus-sasl-2.1.15

Hi,

I have a cyrus imap server with virtual domains authenticating against
sasldb2 thats been running sucessfully for several weeks now (Thanks to
Simon Matters rpms) and I'd like to convert to authenticating against my
LDAP server. I've "Googled until my fingers bled" (quote stolen from a
google search) and I'm totaly confused about how to go about it.

So I'm looking for some tips/pointers about how to go about it.

I've seen references to useing either of "sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd" or
"sasl_pwcheck_method: ldap" in imapd.conf. Which should I use and then what
else do I need?

Regards John