Cannot log into cyrus using IMAP

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Tue May 11 10:46:36 EDT 2004

"Andreas Winkelmann" <ml at awinkelmann.de> wrote in message
news:200405110620.46501.ml at awinkelmann.de...
> Am Dienstag, 11. Mai 2004 00:18 schrieb Eric B.:
>
> > I tried recompiling / reinstalling with the following flags:
> >  --enable-static --with-pic --enable-shared --disable-java \
> >  --with-plugindir=/usr/lib/sasl2 \
> >  --disable-krb4 \
> >  --enable-gssapi=/usr/kerberos \
> >  --with-rc4 \
> >  --with-dblib=berkeley \
> >  --with-saslauthd=/var/run/saslauthd --without-pwcheck \
> >  --enable-anon \
> >  --enable-cram \
> >  --enable-digest \
> >  --enable-plain \
> >  --enable-login \
> >  --enable-ntlm \
> >  --enable-sql \
> >  --with-ldap \
> >  --with-mysql=/usr
>
> Search for your mysql-files. Where are your includes? For example mysql.h.
> Where are the Libs? Normal libmysqlclient.*?
>
> > But am still getting the following when I launch cyrus-master in my
> > auth.log:  (I also tried with --with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql with the same
> > results)
>
> Check config.log after you ran ./configure. Search for mysql.

Aha!  Good call.  I found the following in the config.log:

configure:27206: checking for mysql_select_db in -lmysqlclient
configure:27236: gcc -o
conftest -Wall -W -O2 -g -pipe -march=i386 -mcpu=i686  -I/usr/include/mysql
  -I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/include/mysql -L/usr/kerberos/lib  -L/usr/k
erberos/lib
conftest.c -lmysqlclient -L/usr/lib/mysql -R/usr/lib/mysql -lresolv -lcrypt
>&5
gcc: unrecognized option `-R/usr/lib/mysql'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0xbc): In function
`my_compress_alloc':
: undefined reference to `compress'
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(my_compress.o)(.text+0x13a): In function
`my_uncompress':
: undefined reference to `uncompress'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:27242: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
configure:27268: result: no
configure:27277: WARNING: MySQL library mysqlclient does not work

Okay - so apparently my MySQL library mysqlclient does not work.  Am not
sure what that is indicating though.  I got the
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a from the RPM on MySQL.com's site -
MySQL-devel-4.0.18-0.i386.rpm.

Does this mean that the provided library is no good?  Can it be conflicting
my version of gcc or something?  Am surprised to see an arch-independent
package provided by MySQL themselves to not be compatible or defective or
something....

Any ideas?  Thanks!

Eric