imapd crashes with THREAD command in 2.1.16

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Mon May 10 08:40:56 EDT 2004

Hi,

I hope it's OK to put this back on the list ...

--On Montag, 10. Mai 2004 8:15 Uhr -0400 Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>
wrote:

>> May 10 09:50:29 lvr1 master[6068]: process 22542 exited, signaled to
>> death by 7
>
> Do you have a backtrace of the dump?

Unfortunately no. I can't attach to the process, because it dies too
quickly, and the RH Linux daemontools keep processes from dumping core -
supposedly for security reasons. I've been meaning to set up an alternate
debugging service (i.e. a cyrus.conf entry that calls "gdb imapd") but
haven't yet.

>> This problem usually goes away when I get new mail, but it's something
>> I'd like to see fixed anyway. Is this fixed in more recent releases?
>
> The only recent THREAD related fix that I recall is this:
>
> https://bugzilla.andrew.cmu.edu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/src/cyrus/imap/index.c
> .diff?r1=1.203&r2=1.204&f=u

Thanks, Sebastian Hagedorn
--
Sebastian Hagedorn M.A. - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18
Zentrum für angewandte Informatik - Universitätsweiter Service RRZK