Please help

Grazvydas_Govaras at gnt.lt Grazvydas_Govaras at gnt.lt
Thu May 20 11:23:07 EDT 2004

Hello,

I have the same problem on AIX 5.2. Configure for cyrus-sasl-2.1.18 and cyrus-imapd-2.2.3
cannot find Berkeley DB 4.2. I used switch --with-bdb-libdir but this not helps.
I do not have a lot of experience in compiling. So any comments or suggestions will be highly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Grazvydas

                      "Fatemeh Taj"
                      <fatemeh at dpiran.net>              To:       info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
                      Sent by:                          cc:       cyrus-sasl at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
                      owner-info-cyrus at lists.and        Subject:  Please help
                      rew.cmu.edu

                      2004.05.12 08:54

Dear All,
I want move to cyrus imapd 2.2.3 with sasl2.0.18 and Berkeley DB4.2.1 on
Linux Redhat Enterprise 3.
The problem is that cyrus sasl does not find or has problem Berkeley DB 4.
It finds db.h form BerkeleyDB_src/include but has probem with db_create
and db_open in configuraetion step. I searched the mailing list archive
and google, there was such problems but I could not find the answer. (Also
I did reinstalled my BDBD with --without-uniquename flag but itdoesno't
help)

Any comment is highly appriciated.

Here is the logs :

in configure.log

configure:6026: gcc -o conftest -Wall -W -g -O2
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include  conftest.c -ldb
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
>&5
/tmp/ccey6P67.o(.text+0xa): In function `main':
/usr/local/src/cyrus-sasl-2.1.18/configure:6036: undefined reference to
`db_open'
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_condattr_setpshared'
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutexattr_destroy'
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutexattr_setpshared'
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutexattr_init'
/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib/libdb.so: undefined reference to
`pthread_mutex_trylock'

and the output in configuration step:

checking for db_create in -ldb42... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb41... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4.0... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4.0... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-4... no
checking for db_create in -ldb40... no
checking for db_create in -ldb4... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb33... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.2... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.2... no
checking for db_create in -ldb32... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb3.1... no
checking for db_create in -ldb31... no
checking for db_create in -ldb-3... no
checking for db_create in -ldb30... no