reading quotas

Colin Bruce ccx004 at coventry.ac.uk
Wed May 12 21:59:04 EDT 2004

Dear All,

This may be a stupid question but is there any reason why someone should
not be able to obtain their own e-mail quota. If I do something like

telnet imaphost 143
. login ccx004 password
. getquota user.ccx004

I get "NO Permission denied"

If I do the same as an administrative user (e.g. cyrus) I get the quota.

I had a look at the code and there is a specific exclusion in cmd.getquota
which prevents anyone other than an administrative user from getting the
quota. (I am typing this from memory so I may have got the function name
wrong).

Anyway, the strange thing is that someone earlier showed me them running
Netscape 7.x and reading their quota. Now how did it do that? Have I just
got the commands wrong?

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Best wishes....
Colin Bruce