sendmail hooks for pre-checking of over-quota imap users?

Andrzej Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl
Wed May 19 03:45:23 EDT 2004

Didi Rieder wrote:
> --On Monday, May 17, 2004 11:17:25 PM +0200 Andrzej Filip
> <anfi at priv.onet.pl> wrote:
>
>> I have read the sources (sendmail-8.13.0.Beta2/sendmail/map.c) and it
>> seems that current implementation of socket map in *sendmail* does not
>> pass "explanation strings" to sendmail.cf [no fault at cyrus side]
>>
>> All current version of my "cyrus & sendmail integration" should be
>> capable to handle TEMP replies from smmapd of cyrus.
>> AFAIR some early version did not do it.
>
> ...does that mean, that I should get an "over quota" reply? I could
> manage to configure sendmail in order to do that. I just get "User
> unknown" when a user is over quota.

You should get some 4?? error (temporary problem) in sendmail's reply to
the "RCPT TO: over_quota_user at cyrus.domain"

So far nobody reported cyrus sending incorrect replies. My primary
suspicion is that old releases of my "sendmail & cyrus integration" do
not handle temporary lookup problems.

If you face the problem yourself:

1) Make sure that you use latest version of my "cyrus & sendmail"
integration hints [some *old* releases do not handle temp problems]

2) Post results produced by the commands below of over quota user(s):
echo '/map cyrus user at example.net' | sendmail -bt
sendmail -d60.1 -bv user at example.net'
# the last one produce *a lot* of output
sendmail -d21.12 -d60.1 -bv user at example.net'

BTW
As of sendmail-8.13.0.Beta2 I can see no way to make sendmail.cf see nay
difference between temporary problems e.g. it sees "TEMP Over Quota" and
"nothing is listening on smmapd socket" in the same rubber bag.

Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi at priv.onet.pl anfi at xl.wp.pl
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi