mail server replication

Colin Bruce ccx004 at coventry.ac.uk
Fri May 21 16:01:07 EDT 2004

Dear Paul and others,

I haven't tried it yet but it may be that DRBD  (http://www.drbd.org)
might be able to do what you want. We used it with a UW Imap server and I
don't see why it shouldn't work with Cyrus. It is probably possible to
split the users between two cyrus servers and have each group replicated
to the other server so that each server could become a server with all
users reasonably quickly. I suspect it would take a few minutes to fail
over. As I say I haven't tried this so perhaps it won't work.

Best wishes.....
Colin