Moving mailboxes som one server to another?

Andrew J Caird andrew.caird at fccc.edu
Fri May 21 10:09:52 EDT 2004

On Fri, 21 May 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Bjørn T Johansen wrote:

> Is there another way of doing this than to copy the mailboxes and
> running reconstruct on every mailbox and every subfolder? Or to put it
> simple, does anyone have a list on how to best do this?

Bjørn,
  I think the generally accepted way of doing this is using IMAP to move
the mailboxes with mailutil or some other such program.  Lots of people
have done this other ways, but it seems that they often end up either
losing information, or investing a lot of energy in custom/local scripts
to make the move work.
  Search the archives (see the URL below) for "migrate" and you'll have
days worth of reading on this subject.  In the end, download the pine
source of University of Washington and compile the "mailutil" program that
comes with it.  An approximate command line is:
  mailutil copy {oldserver/novalidate-cert/authuser=admin/user=username} \
                {newserver/novalidate-cert/authuser=admin/user=username}

  Good luck.
--
Andrew Caird