Problem w/ 2.2.4 and unixhierarchysep: yes

Simon Matter simon.matter at ch.sauter-bc.com
Mon May 24 16:37:28 EDT 2004

> On Mon, 24 May 2004, Ken Murchison wrote:
>
>>> The hash_enumerate() function is also used by some other cyrus-imapd
>>> programs so I could think, without having a closer look, that it could
>>> also break other programs, right? I suggest testing it on a affected
>>> platform with the patch applied.
>>
>> Obviously a fileinto needs to touch the quota code, so the hash problem
>> is a
>> possibility.  But I would suspect that if this were the case that it
>> wouldn't
>> be limited to just fileinto -- *any* message delivery would cause a
>> problem.
>
> I suspect the hash_enumerate issue would crash the process if it had any
> effect at all (and it would crash at the same point as it was crashing for
> the quotadb issue).
>
> I don't think, offhand, that the two issues (if any) are related.  Simon
> -- have you seen the sieve problem?

In fact I was unable to test further because my box was almost unusable.
And I don't use unixhierachysep nor altnamespace. I had in mind that Bob
mentioned the famous 'signaled to death by 11' but after rereading I know
it's not the case.

Simon

>>> BTW, do you, the developers, plan to push out another release like
>>> 2.2.5
>>> if the patch discussed here fixes the problem? I just want to know