Cyrus HA Scalable Solution? Rsync

Kevin Baker kbaker at missionvi.com
Tue May 25 17:39:45 EDT 2004

We are testing a number of email configurations for a
10,000+ user-base. Was hoping to get some thoughts on
below:

- Postfix
- Cyrus-SASL
- Mysql Auth

We will likely start with 3 frontend servers and 3 backend
servers. Replicate MySQL across all servers auth, maildrop
routing.

We were thinking of doing some sort of rysync of the imap
mailstore across the backend servers. Then Heartbeat on
the backend servers with IP takeover to handle failover.

The hope is that if a server goes down the mailstore will
be sync'ed up on the server that takes over.

Thought? This is obviously just a sketch... but I haven't
seen a this done before as far as the failover solution
with rsync and thought it might work pretty well.

Kevin