Cyrus HA Scalable Solution? Rsync

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Tue May 25 18:14:03 EDT 2004

--On Tuesday, May 25, 2004 14:39 -0700 Kevin Baker <kbaker at missionvi.com>
wrote:

> Thought? This is obviously just a sketch... but I haven't
> seen a this done before as far as the failover solution
> with rsync and thought it might work pretty well.

rsync sucks for large numbers of files/directories.  It has to build an
in-memory tree before it even starts syncing.

what would be 'nice' to see is something built inside of cyrus to handle
multiple backends but that's a pretty complicated bit of beast.  (no i'm
not volunteering ;) )

--
GPG/PGP --> 0xE736BD7E 5144 6A2D 977A 6651 DFBE 1462 E351 88B9 E736 BD7E