Cyrus-2.2.x Virtual domains Problem when logging into imap

Wang Penghui wangpenghui at realss.com
Fri May 28 20:24:06 EDT 2004

Andrew Koros wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am using Simon Matters's Cyrus-Imap-2.2.4 rpm on Fedora. I have an
>interesting problem with virtual domains:

I have this problem also, and work for it for  a several days.
Now. i would login with the user 'user at domain' now.
But could not login with the user "user" without "@domain".

>Here is my /etc/imapd.conf
>
>configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
>partition-default: /var/spool/imap
>admins: cyrus
>sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
>sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
>hashimapspool: true
>sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
>sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
>unixhierarchysep: yes
>autocreatequota: 20000
>virtdomains: userid
>defaultdomain: tux.uunet.co.ke
>servername: tux.uunet.co.ke
>tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
>tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
>tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt
>
>Any ideas why and how I can solve this problem?

And my imapd.conf is

partition-default:      /var/spool/imap
sievedir:               /var/imap/sieve
tls_cert_file:          /etc/cyrusimapd/server.crt
tls_key_file:           /etc/cyrusimapd/server.key
virtdomains:           userid
admins:                 cyrus
defaultdomain:         hackerdom.org
hashimapspool:          yes
allowanonymouslogin:    no
allowplaintext:         yes
servername:             mail.hackerdom.org
sasl_pwcheck_method:    saslauthd
sasl_mech_list:         PLAIN LOGIN
unixhierarchysep:       yes
loginrealms:   hackerdom.org test.com localhost

And the saslauthd.conf is

ldap_servers: ldap://localhost/
ldap_bind_dn: cn=Manager, dc=hackerdom, dc=org
ldap_bind_pw: dolphin
ldap_search_base: ou=Realss, dc=hackerdom, dc=org
ldap_version: 3
ldap_default_realm: localhost
ldap_realm:    localhost
ldap_filter: uid=%u@%r
ldap_password_attr: userPassword

It could just let the user at domain to login.
But i really know that it could not be the final solution.
I want to know the right way to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance!