sieve problems (continued)

Christian Schulte cs at schulte.it
Sun May 30 11:58:30 EDT 2004

Bob Tito wrote:
> Christian Schulte wrote:
>
>> Bob Tito wrote:
>>

>> Does the attached patch fix the problem ? At least it was
>> reproduceable now and the patch fixed it here.
>

> Hi Christian,
>
> For starters it is good the hear that you are able to reproduce the
> problem... to finish it.. *IT WORKS* Thanks a lot!!
>
> But... bacause of the limited  amount of people with this problem is
> very specific to my config ?

Hi,

its a general problem with unixhierarchysep and sieve fileinto for users
with dots in theire names. The cause I did not notice it earlier was
that I never really updated from 2.2.3 to 2.2.4 or 2.2.5. Starting with
2.2.3 I made a link from /usr/local/cyrus22 -> /usr/local/cyrus2.2.3 so
that I do not have to touch the configfiles for any updates but then
just forgot to update the link to /usr/local/cyrus2.2.4 and
/usr/local/cyrus2.2.5. Updating cyrus mainly is very early in the
morning. That could explain that :-)
The patch looks to me more like a workaround and just fixes the problem.
Maybe Ken or Rob will come up with a much more elegant solution.

--
Christian