cyrus and autocreate patch

Timo Veith tv at zw.fh-kl.de
Mon May 31 07:26:13 EDT 2004

Hi,

while googling around I found that patch for cyrus from here:
http://email.uoa.gr/projects/cyrus/
I found this to be a great idea and so I wonder if there are plans on
integrating this patch into cyrus in the future?

If not, do you think it is possible to mime this behaviour with the
imapcreate.pl script? Users at our site get added to our Active Directory
every once a while and I manged to let postfix look them up. So I think
what happens when email is beeing sent to them, it bounces because there
is no cyrus mailbox for them.

I think of a something like a cron job that looks up every AD user, and
creates mailboxes if needed. This would still leave a gap between the
time of arrival of an email an run of the cron job.

How do you guys handle this?

Kind regards

Timo

PS: The other patches seem reasonable as well.