Alternative ways of sendmail & cyrus integration [Was: Virtual domains, user@domain.com: Mailbox unknown]

William K. Hardeman wont-i at wkh.org
Tue Mar 9 08:30:34 EST 2004

--On Tuesday, 09 March, 2004 09:42 +0100 Andrzej Filip <anfi at priv.onet.pl>
wrote:

> 1) make SCyrusvmap handle temporary problems (e.g. cyrus turned off):
>
> SCyrusvmap
> R$*             $: $(cyrus $1 $: $)
> R$*<TMPF>?	$#error $@ 4.3.0 $: "451 Temporary system failure."
> R$@             $#error $@ nouser $: "551 Unknown user"
>
> 2) Sendmail converts CNAMES into "real names" in "preprocessing" stage.

Andrzej,

1) Thanks for that temporary failure line. I'd forgotten I should have it
in there.

2) The DNS record for the virtual domain's host name is an A record exactly
because of that reason. The reverse lookup, of course, returns the
canonical host name of the primary mail server under which the virtual
domain is running. Thanks for the reminder about that, though.

Will

William K. Hardeman
wont-i at wkh.org
http://www.wkh.org

discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny ..."
                -- Isaac Asimov

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then
do it.
--Robert A. Heinlein
---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus