Auto Timeout in Outlook 98 and others

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Mar 3 07:22:25 EST 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-03 at 21:12, Cesar Lagarrigue wrote:
> The problem is never use cyrus before, and never use outlook98 with imap,
> i believe are bug into outlook, when not send idle or noop command, or any
> of the errors...

That sounds right to me; we have no problems with any clients here
(Eudora, Evolution, and Mozilla) with the default timeout.

> but the problem are not back to old exchange.... or migrate to
> thunderbirth (or something of mozilla is a nice email client)...but for
> what reason not disable the autologout, or if hack the code for disable...
> the number are 30.
> the real problem are i put 1440 min but nothing happen....

You may need to restart the master before the change takes effect - I'm
not sure. Restarting the master will, of course, disconnect all
connected clients, so choose when to do it carefully.

Craig Ringer

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus