Mixed case incoming e-mail addresses being bounced.

Lutz Kittler Lutz.Kittler at sse-erfurt.de
Wed Mar 3 02:02:37 EST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2004 03:21 schrieb Edward Rudd:
> I have my mail server setup using postfix 2.0.16 and cyrus imapd 2.2.3
> using the virtdomains: userid in cyrus and the virtual_transport in
> postfix using virtual_mailbox_maps and virtual_mailbox_domains for
> allowed mail account lookups. One of the accounts on the system has been
> having e-mail delivered to it bounce, with an "no mailbox found" error
> for cyrus' lmtp, but only with some e-mails.. and from the logs it seems
> it is the e-mails that have mixed case.. ie. User at MyDomain.com, get
> bounced but not the *normal* user at mydomain.com case..
>
> Is there anyway I can have either postfix or cyrus lower the case on the
> e-mail address? (but not the + recipient_delimiter information)

Hi,

set in imapd.conf :

# Forcing recipient user to lowercase
# Cyrus 2.1 is case-sensitive.  If all your mail users are in lowercase, it is
# probably a very good idea to set lmtp_downcase_rcpt to true.  The default is
# to assume the user knows what he is doing, and not downcase anything.
lmtp_downcase_rcpt: yes

  Lutz

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus