merging two Cyrus Imap severs

Lukasz Engel mail-cyrus at softax.pl
Fri Mar 5 06:31:06 EST 2004

Morten Dreier wrote:
> Is it at all possible to merge two Cyrus Imap servers?
>
> We have for some time been running two mostly similar Cyrus Imap
servers
[...]

> Is it at all possible to do a 'backup' of all the users, ACL's,
> read/not read-flags and the other data cyrus uses, and merge it with
> the data on a similar server?

IMAPcopy may help you
http://home.arcor.de/armin.diehl/imapcopy/imapcopy.html
Using this you can copy all users between servers

The only problem is authenticating as all migrated users.
I have done it by creating faked user authorization source (sasldb file
containing predictable passwords) instead of the original one (LDAP in
my case).

--
Lukasz Engel

---