mass importing/exporting imap folders

Jordi Pallares jpallares at cbuc.es
Tue Mar 9 05:38:58 EST 2004

Hi all,

I try to copy some mailboxes from a UW server A to a Cyrus server B but
some of them give me errors

first i try to use imapsync because it copy all of the mailboxes from UW
server to Cyrus server but for several users I have a lot of errors like
this:

Couldn't append msg #16 (Subject: XXXXXX) to folder XXX: Error trying to
append: 1305 NO Message contains invalid header

Couldn't create [XXXXXXXXXXXXX]1750 NO Invalid mailbox name

After i try with mailutil from UW but i have errors too:

0000044f OK FETCH completed
  (\Seen) "26-May-2003 21:17:52 +0100" {2567}
00000004 NO Message contains NUL characters
Message contains NUL characters
[Failed]
00000450 LOGOUT
* BYE Mailserver IMAP4rev1 server terminating connection
[Mailserver IMAP4rev1 server terminating connection]
00000450 OK LOGOUT completed
00000005 LOGOUT
* BYE LOGOUT received

and the mailboxes apears empty.

I read that somebody can migrate a hundreds of mailboxes but i don't
know if he has this errors too or if its only my problem.
Can someone explain his/her expirience about this?

Thanks a lot.

/Jordi

Michael King wrote:
> Thanks to Dave and Andrew for the assistance! I'll get right to
> researching these two solutions.. If I have further trouble, I'll dig
> into it here or in the archives.
>
> Again, thanks!
>
> On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 14:44, Michael King wrote:
>
>>Hi all.
>>
>>I'm not 100% sure this is the right place to ask this, but it's the only
>>mailing list I saw on the Cyrus IMAP website.  Please bear with me.
>>
>>I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to export and then import via
>>IMAP?
>>
>>That is, if I have IMAP account 1 on server A, and I have IMAP account 2
>>on server B, I want to export all of the folders (and messages, if
>>possible) off of Server A, and then import them onto Server B - giving
>>me a "backup" of sorts.
>>
>>Is there any way to do this?  If not, is there any other interest in
>>developing a tool such as this?

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus