Cyrus & sasl

Cesar Scavuzzo cesarscav at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 9 10:18:06 EST 2004

I finally get my test server running good on my fedora core1 I used the
invoca rpms  & postfix, after a few test I realize that only UNIX user
could log on the imap server, if I create a user with cyradm and then
set up a saslpasswd for that user without setting it as system user and
give it a system password with passwd it can't log on to the server. I
install cyrus-saslauth and is running but the saslauthd.config looks
like this

#ldap_servers: <ldap://localhost/>
#ldap_search_base: <none>
#ldap_bind_dn: <none>
#ldap_bind_pw: <none>

I think is something wrong with this but I'm not sure.

Also my imapd.comgf looks like this:

configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca-bundle.crt

I was playing with this for a few days now and I'm going to no where I
appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Cesar

---