createmailbox Please Help!

tsg tsg at bugalux.com
Tue Mar 9 14:59:01 EST 2004

Вторник 09 Март 2004 19:21, Вы написали:
> > tsg <tsg at bugalux.com> 03/09/04 06:41pm >>>
> >Hi!
> >I tried to create virtual domain mailboxes with cyrus-imapd v2.2.3 as
>
> it
>
> >written in install-virtdomains.html, but I got error:
> >
> ># cyradm --user administrator --auth login localhost
> >
> >test> create user.jill at example.net
> >createmailbox: Permission denied
> >
> >in the mean time I can create default domain users without any
>
> problems:
> >test> create user.jill
> >test>
> >
> >and users:
> >test> create jill at example.net
> >test>
> >Can somebody tell me what I did wrong?
> >
> >My imapd.conf:
> >configdirectory:        /var/lib/imap
> >defaultpartition:       default
> >partition-default:      /var/lib/imap/default
> >partition-news:       /var/lib/imap/news
> >newsspool:            /var/spool/imap/news
> >admins:                 root administrator test at example.net
> >sasl_pwcheck_method:    saslauthd
> >#sasl_maximum_layer:     256
> >#sasl_minimum_layer:     128
> >allowanonimouslogin:    no
> >allowplaintext:         yes
> >#servername:             test.com
> >tls_cert_file:          /var/lib/imap/cyrus.crt
> >tls_key_file:           /var/lib/imap/cyrus.key
> >tls_ca_path:            /usr/share/ssl
> >tls_ca_file:            /usr/share/ssl/certs/ca.crt
> >#tls_require_cert:      yes
> >imapidresponse:         no
> >sendmail:               /usr/sbin/sendmail
> >sievedir:               /var/lib/imap/sieve
> >virtualdomains:         userid
> >#hashimapspool:         yes
> >defaultdomain:          test.com
> >
> >Please help!
> >Best regards. Sergios
>
> Hi Sergios,
>
> In your imapd.conf, the value of the "virtualdomains:" key should _not_
> be "userid"; it should be "yes" or "t" or "1"
>
> Mike.
Hi Mike!
Thank you for your answer!

>From Cyrus-imapd documentation:
In order to accomplish this, Cyrus needs to know which domain to look in when
a mailbox is accessed. There are two ways in which Cyrus can determine the
domain:

    * Fully qualified userid - the client logs in with a userid containing the
domain in which the user belongs (e.g test at example.com or test%example.net)
    * IP address - the server looks up the domain based on the IP address of
the receiving interface (useful for servers with multiple NICs or using IP
aliasing)

Both of these methods are active if the virtdomains option is set to on (or
yes, 1, true) and can be used in conjunction with one another. If the
virtdomains option is set to userid, then only the first method is used. Note
that a fully qualified userid takes precedence over a domain obtained from
the IP address.

But I do not need any IP lookups. So I used
virtualdomains:         userid

But anyhow
virtualdomains:         yes

gives the same result.