Configuration help for auxprop/sasldb authentication

John Gibson gib at edgate.com
Wed Mar 10 10:59:03 EST 2004

Allister Gearon wrote:

> [...]
*** I had done that, but here goes again....  ***

[root at apollo RPMS]# ls /etc/sasl*
/etc/sasldb2
[root at apollo RPMS]# rm /etc/sasldb2
rm: remove regular file `/etc/sasldb2'? y
[root at apollo RPMS]# saslpasswd2 -c rat
Password:
Again (for verification):
[root at apollo RPMS]# ls /etc/sasl*
/etc/sasldb2
[root at apollo RPMS]# chown cyrus /etc/sasldb2
[root at apollo RPMS]# strings /etc/sasldb2
Rat_F1nk
apollo
userPassword
[root at apollo RPMS]# saslpasswd2 -c dog
Password:
Again (for verification):
saslpasswd2: passwords don't match; aborting
[root at apollo RPMS]# saslpasswd2 -c dog
Password:
Again (for verification):
[root at apollo RPMS]# saslpasswd2 -c cat
Password:
Again (for verification):
[root at apollo RPMS]# strings /etc/sasldb2
Rat_F1nk
apollo
userPassword
mice
apollo
userPassword
mutt
apollo
userPassword
[root at apollo RPMS]#

*** from auth.log during saslpasswd2 execution***

Mar 10 15:16:26 apollo saslpasswd2: error deleting entry from sasldb:
DB_NOTFOUND: No matching key/data pair found
Mar 10 15:19:30 apollo last message repeated 3 times
Mar 10 15:20:34 apollo last message repeated 3 times

>>I understand that the /etc/imapd.conf can be the single source of
>>configuration for the IMAP server (including SASL configuration).  Is
>>

> not for a Cyrus-IMAP.  /etc/cyrus.conf (With SuSE 8.2 rpms).
>What is handling SMTP?
>
>Al

Postfix will be my MTA, but I havn't set it up yet.  I have been working
on the IMAP/POP server component.
Thank you for pointing these out, Al.

Sorry... This is my /etc/cyrus.conf file.

[root at apollo RPMS]# cat /etc/cyrus.conf
# standard standalone server implementation

START {
  # do not delete this entry!
  recover       cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -r"

  # this is only necessary if using idled for IMAP IDLE
#  idled                cmd="idled"
}

# UNIX sockets start with a slash and are put into /var/lib/imap/sockets
SERVICES {
  # add or remove based on preferences
#  imap         cmd="imapd" listen="imap" prefork=5
  imaps         cmd="imapd -s" listen="imaps" prefork=1
#  pop3         cmd="pop3d" listen="pop3" prefork=3
  pop3s         cmd="pop3d -s" listen="pop3s" prefork=1
#  sieve                cmd="timsieved" listen="sieve" prefork=0

  # at least one LMTP is required for delivery
#  lmtp         cmd="lmtpd" listen="lmtp" prefork=0
  lmtpunix      cmd="lmtpd" listen="/var/lib/imap/socket/lmtp" prefork=1

}

EVENTS {
  # this is required
  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
}
[root at apollo RPMS]#

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus