SASL domains and usernames and authentication

Prentice Bisbal prentice at rcsb.rutgers.edu
Wed Mar 10 11:44:23 EST 2004

I'm using sasldb2 for authenticating users for my Cyrus mailserserves.
The sasldb2 file is shared by all the machines by storing it on a SAN
filesystem.

Since saslpasswd2 adds the hostname to the username by default, I
specify my domain when adding users:

saslpasswd2 -c -u domain.tld username

The problem is when I try to authenticate to the IMAP server using
Mozilla, it sends the user name as username at mailserver.domain.tld.
That username is not in the sasldb, so then the user cannot authenticate.

Is there anyway to fix this on the server side? I don't know if it can
be fixed in Mozilla, and even if it could be, I can't expect the users
to know how to reconfigure Mozilla.

--
Prentice Bisbal
Computer System Administrator