Removing mail from command line

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Wed Mar 10 19:19:27 EST 2004

Hey all,

First, a bit of background -- I have SpamAssassin running on another
server, and I'm transferring mail from a shared folder (used so users
can toss any spam that gets through in there, so SA can improve its
bayes analysis) called SPAM to another server.

After I've done that, I'd like to delete the messages currently in the
folder. I've read the bits and pieces about cyrus being a 'closed box'
mail system, but I was hoping that someone would have a solution. I've
tried rm'ing a message from a test mailbox, and while it's gone, I
assume that cyrus caches all mail because it remains there when I check
with my IMAP client.

Any ideas/suggestions?

TIA

-j

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 23:30:01 up 7 days,  8:50, 14 users,  load average: 0.21, 0.21, 0.30