ipurge syntax

Jamie Penman-Smithson jamie at silverdream.org
Thu Mar 11 19:35:10 EST 2004

[ Apologies if this gets duplicate posted, my first post seems to have
disappeared into a blackhole ]

Hey all,

I'm running cyrus 2.1.16 on Debian Sid (unstable) with virtual domains
with 'unixhierarchysep: yes' in imapd.conf. After reading a suggestion
from an old post to this list, I added:

  # clean out mail older than 1 week from users trash
  purgetrash      cmd="ipurge -d 7 -f user.%.Trash" at=0200

to my cyrus.conf, however, it does't work, and there are no errors in
the logs to give an idea of what is wrong. I've tried running 'ipurge -d
7 -f user.%.Trash' on the command line but all I get is:

usage: ipurge [-f] [-s] [-C <alt_config>] [-x] [-X] [-i] {-d days | -b
bytes|-k Kbytes|-m Mbytes}
        [mboxpattern1 ... [mboxpatternN]]
        there are no defaults and at least one of -d, -b, -k, -m
        must be specified
etc. etc. etc.

I've looked at the man page for ipurge and gone through numerous posts
from gmane on the subject, but nothing seems to work. I tried adding an
@ <domain>, and that didn't do anything either.

Has anyone managed to get this working correctly?

TIA

-j

-jamie <jamie at silverdream.org> | spamtrap: spam at silverdream.org
 w: http://silverdream.org | p: sms at silverdream.org
 pgp key @ http://silverdream.org/~jps/pub.key
 21:30:01 up 8 days,  6:50, 11 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.17, 0.12