Is smmapd murder friendly ?

Lenny rahl at mindcryme.com
Fri Mar 12 15:44:35 EST 2004

So, I am using Andrzej's cyrus-sendmail interaction stuff (actually the stuff
he posted on his website just today) that integrates with cyrus via a socket
map. Am I doing this backwards (i.e. should I be using smmapd on the backends
instead of the frontends?)?

Or should I just wait for smmapd to be updated to handle the murder setup?

Thanks!
--

"Wisdom is to a man an infinite Treasure" - Anonymous"

Quoting Ken Murchison <ken at oceana.com>:

> Andrzej Filip wrote:
>
>> [news:comp.mail.sendmail "Integration o Cyrus virtual domains with
>> Sendmail"]
>>
>> According to report in news:comp.mail.sendmail attempt to use smmapd
>> with murder caused the following errors:
>>
>> Mar 12 12:50:28 cyr-fe1 smmapd[19286]: IOERROR: opening
>> cyr-backend1.logical.net!default/cyrus.header: No such file or
>> directory
>>
>> Mar 12 12:50:28 cyr-fe1 smmapd[19286]: append_check() of
>> 'domain.com!user.username' failed (System I/O error)
>>
>> Mar 12 12:50:28 cyr-fe1 sendmail[19287]: i2CHoSmH019287:
>> user at domain.com... User unknown
>>
>> It seems to be generated by mailbox_open_header_path called by
>> append_check funtion used by smmapd.c
>

> smmapd is currently *not* murder friendly.  Obviously we can't try to
> open a remote mailbox.  This should be a straight forward fix.
>
> --
> Kenneth Murchison     Oceana Matrix Ltd.
> Software Engineer     21 Princeton Place
> 716-662-8973 x26      Orchard Park, NY 14127
> --PGP Public Key--    http://www.oceana.com/~ken/ksm.pgp

---
Home Page: http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus