Cyrus Woody Problems

Bill MacAllister post+cyrus at macallister.grass-valley.ca.us
Fri Mar 12 19:38:12 EST 2004

Hello,

I have just installed the Cyrus Woody Backport.  It is mostly/partly
working.  The IMAP server comes up and I am able to authenticate using
LDAP.  The first problem that I saw was when I attempted to copy messages
from another IMAP server (PMDF MessageStore) to my new mailbox on Cyrus.  I
get an Append failure that complained about the date-time format.  I get
the same error when I attempt to copy messages from an Exchange server as
well.

In attempting to figure out how to get this woking it looks like I have
"broken" the Cryus installation.  Hard to remember all of the iterations I
have been through, but my other servers user "/" as the hierarchy separator
and I had started the Cyrus server with the default ".".  I have changed it
back and for several times.

I am now at a state where I cannot list any mailboxes.  With cyradm I get:

localhost> lm
localhost> cm "user/mac"
createmailbox: Permission denied

But, look at what I get when I telnet to 143:

telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK gw2x Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.16-IPv6-Debian-2.1.16-4 server ready
a login username secure
a OK User logged in
a list * ""
* LIST (\Noselect) "/" ""
a OK Completed (0.000 secs 0 calls)
a select "user/mac"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Draft \Deleted \Seen \*)]
* 1 EXISTS
* 1 RECENT
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1079020307]
* OK [UIDNEXT 2]
a OK [READ-WRITE] Completed
a logout
* BYE LOGOUT received
a OK Completed

I got that one message in there by using Mulberry and saving a draft to the
folder.

I suspect at the least that the mailboxes list is having problems, but I
don't know how to rebuild it.  When I try using cyrreconstruct -m I get:

/usr/sbin/cyrreconstruct -m
reconstructing mailboxes.db currently not supported

But, maybe I am way off base.  I would appreciate some suggestions for what
I should try next.

Thanks in advance,

Bill

---