Remote User's SMTP relay authorization

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Mon Mar 15 14:43:53 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-15 at 11:39, John Gibson wrote:

> I would appreciate any recommendations or success stories which utilize
> Cyrus IMAP as the standalone mail server and also ways to allow SMTP
> relaying to *only* our valid, authenticated users.

Postfix supports SMTP AUTH with SASL just like Cyrus (it might only be a
patch; not sure).  The biggest problem for me is that I have to use
LOGIN or PLAIN authentication, which means I really want to wrap the
connections in SSL, but Outlook doesn't generally handle self-signed
certs well.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
* Naked Ape Consulting                   http://nakedape.cc  *
* AIX Support & Service            http://nakedape.cc/r/aix  *